- 1) A fundraising activity or event is proposed in writing to the PTO board for consideration and submitted to
the PTO for a vote and approved.
- 2) Tax exempt forms to submit to vendors so that sales tax does not have
to be paid in purchasing items for ISLA.
- 3) Donation receipts are given to donors upon request and for donations above
- 4) Deposits can be made by an event coordinator by including a bank deposit slip along with
the money in the night box drop at Citizen Bank in Hopkins along with a CB post it requesting that the receipt is mailed to
the PTO treasurer the following day.
- 5) Deposit summaries are filled out at the time of deposit and are submitted
with the final report at the close of the event. One copy goes to the treasurer as well.
- 6) Check requests are submitted
to the treasurer and are approved by the PTO board and/ or PTO as needed. Please include receipts.
- 7) The event summary
is submitted to the treasurer by the event coordinator at the close of an event detailing gross receipts, costs and net profits.
Another copy is included in the final event packet.
- 8) A post event summary form is submitted along with the event
packet that considers the following questions: How did the event go? What? Where? When? What worked? What didn't? How did
this fit with the mission and values? How did it directly benefit students? .... community? What was the total number of volunteers?
What were the total volunteer hours needed?
- 9) Submit the complete event packet to fundraising coordinator to be
filed in an event file or history.